Hariks Muruga

தமிழ் பேச மறந்திட்ட இந்த கணினி உலகத்தில் என்னை தமிழ் எழுத வைத்தது அவளின் காதல்!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

My Multi-Name

My name is Muruganandham. This is official name as in Birth Certificate. It is a very good Tamil name which stands for the Tamil God Murugan (Muruga Kadavul).

My pet name is Ashwin (I tell others that Ashwin is short form of Muruganandham:)). Till 6 years of age I was in a Village called "Pattampaakkam" in Cuddalore District of TamilNadu, India. There people called me as Saravanan. In my School and College some of my friends called me as Muruga in addition to Muruganandham and now also continuing that. Till my college, no one has pronounced my name wrongly and spelled my name correctly (like dham :)).

After entering into the Corporate life again my name is changed. Except Tamilians, others feel difficulty in pronouncing and spelling my name. So now in my office, some call me as Ashwin and most of my collegaues call me as MK (Muruganandham Krishnan - Krishnan is my father's Name). In addition to these two names, some call me as Murug (Now my blog name).

Sometimes because of this, I will be confused how to introduce myself to others (With what name?) . In many tele conversations to Onsite, I will say any of these names and who is on the other side will be confused in turn :). I don't know what will be my next name?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home