Hard Work Always Pays
I guess this is the first competition ever I participated after joining Infosys and I won that also. Actually it should be "we". Let me say about the competition.
Our "Employee Relations Department" needed a web portal & a Newsletter to show off its activities. Instead of assigning the work to only one, it was made as a competition in which only Hyderabad DC participated. 16 teams from Hyderabad participated in this competition, 8 doing Portal work and the other 8 doing Newsletter work. 12 from our Unit went and 6 worked in Newsletter & 6.. no.. 1 worked in web portal. That is me. Other 5 did not show any interest after the first meeting about the portal with HR. I was totally disappointed. I told all the ideas and approaches but nobody was interested.
My attitude is like if I get Commited then I will complete that on any circumstances. Therefore, I started off with my work. Slowly I completed the design with the help of my friend VK who is working for TCS. VK really helped me a lot. If he is not there then I would not have started even. I will take any competition again because Vk is there to help me out. Enna vk rite ila? :)
In the last 5 days I completed 70% of the work. The design came up well. The last day was 19th December and the evaluation was on 20th December. I sent a mail to HR on 19th December itself. But I did not get any response even on 20th December. I thought that somebody else has won and sent a mail to HR asking who has won the competition on 21st December. The reply was "You’re team has won both competitions…portal as well as newsletter….Congrats, will make an official announcement shortly."
I was really very very happy to get that mail. I told the news first to VK and then to others. All my friends were happy hearing that. Their wishes encouraged me a lot than the mail. In the mail it was also written that some changes were required in the design and would meet to discuss for that. I saw the ER Newsletter developed by the other team in my unit. It was fantastic. No words to say. After seeing that my portal looked very ugly to me. :)
Anyways my design also won the competition. As the website is internal to our company, I cannot display even the screen shots of the webpage in my blog. :(
In the course of this project, I learnt a lot how to move with the people and how to lead a team. I had a good conversation with my HR, Sheetal, that she replied to one of my questions posted in Bulletin Board. :)
I thank everyone who supported me. Cheers to everyone. Last words, "Hard work always pays".

6 Comments:
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 10:20:00 AM,
Manoj said…
machan kalakitta po!!
We all know that u r a hard worker. But this is the first i am hearing that u won one competition. Gerat Work. congrats. Hats 0ff to VK.
keep going.
At Thursday, December 22, 2005 7:10:00 PM,
KP said…
Congrats...Amazing..Give a big treat to ur friend vk..:)
At Friday, December 23, 2005 9:51:00 AM,
Hariks said…
Definitely, I am giving treat not only to him but all my room mates.
At Friday, December 30, 2005 6:36:00 PM,
Karthigeyan said…
. I will take any competition again because Vk is there to help me out. Enna vk rite ila? :)
rite
At Friday, December 30, 2005 6:37:00 PM,
Karthigeyan said…
congrats & thanksda
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:29:00 PM,
iamchandru said…
Good commitment!
wish you all the bst for more prices!
Post a Comment
<< Home