Hariks Muruga

தமிழ் பேச மறந்திட்ட இந்த கணினி உலகத்தில் என்னை தமிழ் எழுத வைத்தது அவளின் காதல்!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Rang De Basanti - Not a movie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We friends had been watching the late night FIFA football matches and we accustomed to that. After the football matches were over since I did not feel sleepy, I saw Rang De Basanti for the 4th time again. It is truly a wonderful sensational movie, particularly for the youngsters. Infact "Ayudha ezhuthu" ("Yuva" in Hindi), had the same kind of message. The movie shows how some youngsters (who were irresponsibly enjyoing their life) turned as fire giving their lives to the country's well being. Are all these kind of movies making any revolution in the minds of youngsters?

There might be some. But as far as I noticed, my answer is very sad to say - "NO". Why is it so? I would say it is because of the "Society" a youngster lives. The selfishness has become more than being helpful. In that movie, a dialogue came saying, "...one in two of the families in punjab send their child to work for the Indian Defence System..". That was great to hear. Infact many a times I had thought about working in Army. However, what do you think; how many parents would like to send their child to army? Even my parents do not. It is usual. Even we do not send our child to army. My point is serving for our mother country does not mean that we have to work in army or any other defence system. It can be saving or giving anything for the well being of the country.

We can be in the luxury, work/live in a good place, eat good food & earn more and enjoy all the funs we can. But we have certain duties to do. How many are paying the tax properly? A good show that is going on today is "tax saving". I do not know whether it is good for the country. I feel 90% of our people do not care about the country or the well being of others. If a question is posed, the answer is a direct question - "If others are not why should I?". 90% of people point to the other people from their category and thinks that they are escaping. They do no know even the consequence of that. The mid aged people are doing all these spoilling all the youngsters and the next generation.

Save water; Save electricity; Save food and many more to say. Yeah. I am saving. But where in their own house. When it comes to government property or somebody's where that instinct goes? But many people waste these resources in their own house itself. That is a different story. As I am working in an IT company, I can say what I can save. We consume lots of electricity - Computers, Lights, ACs, Fans, Printer and the list goes on. 99% of the people do not care about using these properties of the company. Because these are not theirs. These people do not switch of computers, lights, ACs, fans or anything they use in the company. Do they do the same thing in their house? Here everybody thinks whether they are going to spend or somebody else. Why do not they think to save these resources for the next generation? I have been educating people in my cubicle and my friends. But the worst thing is even my friends do not follow it properly. As an youngster I would always follow these and preach others irrespective of how many times I fail. I would not say that I am "IDEAL". But I would to my best. I would say saving these precious resources equals serving our country being in any defence system.

"Rang De Basanti" - Colour me with Saffron - I will shed my blood for my country - I will die for my country. We need not die for the country but we can help. From this minute do not see whether others are following/doing. You follow/do. Slowly others will also follow/do.

3 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:07:00 PM, Blogger KP said…

    Quote:
    How many are paying the tax properly? A good show that is going on today is "tax saving". I do not know whether it is good for the country.

    I feel You give more to the country by investing rather than just paying tax.When you invest ,the money reaches more sector and more money flows occur and more economy.

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:10:00 PM, Blogger KP said…

    Good points ..valid points.I'l also try to follow them

     
  • At Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Hariks said…

    Thanks for the clarification. I also thought the same.

    Thanks to trying to follow them. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home