Hariks Muruga

தமிழ் பேச மறந்திட்ட இந்த கணினி உலகத்தில் என்னை தமிழ் எழுத வைத்தது அவளின் காதல்!

Friday, September 15, 2006

Onsite Trip - Part1


My onsite trip to Amsterdam, Netherlands (NL) was confirmed. I got my work permit earlier than expected and was asked to wait for others to get the same who were supposed to travel with me. But one morning suddenly my PM sent me a mail to raise the request for the travel with the travel department and VISA interview. I became full restless since I have to do all the arrangements by myself and travel alone. My biggest hesitation was not on travelling alone onsite but travelling to Mumbai where I have to manage with my Hindi. I arranged my laptop, my travel documents and my ticket. First time I saw the irresponsibility of the travel department. In addition to all these, I have to arrange for my accomodation in NL. Since I did not know anybody @ onsite, I had a big problem finding the accom. I spoke to the agent over there and till the last day it was not confirmed.

Finally I arranged everything for the travel. My interview went fine and got my visa. Another thing which was pinning my mind was my bro's transfer to Mumbai. Eventhough that was for 3 months I was worried about my parents as we both will be away from them. My mother cried like anything on the phone and she made me cry in the hotel. I left the hotel and started to the airport. First time to the international terminal. I found the entry place and rested for sometime. I started calling some of my friends to say bye. Inside the immigration I met a guy named Sunil. He was also a first time traveller to the same place and we had very good time speaking. I flew by Swiss airlines and it was very good. I got the window seat and througout the night I looked out the window for the lights and the sea.

Another head ache was to have connecting flight. But my connecting flight was in Switzerland. Now I would not say it to be a head ache. It was a good experience travelling by two flights. I had to take a train from one terminal to the other terminal in the Zurich airport (Switzerland). I reached Amsterdam - Schipol airport and was looking for the house agent who told me to pick me up from the airport. I completed all the formalities and collected my luggage. I called home and the agent. Schipol is a very big airport and I roamed it for sometime. Everything was organized properly. The airport is so neat and clean. The agent came and recognized me and took me to the house. Infact she dropped me at the office on the first day.

2 Comments:

  • At Saturday, October 21, 2006 2:40:00 AM, Blogger Jebastin said…

    hai anna, what next? i could not wait, publish rest things soon. My head going to blast

     
  • At Sunday, December 02, 2007 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Ashwin said…

    I wanted to ask you for some advise. I am planning to bring some wine bottles from abroad to Bangalore. I am told the quota is TWO bottles. Is there any way that i can bring 4-6 bottles in my checked-in baggage by wrapping them up in clothes. How can i bring smoe extra bottles without paying duty or the greedy customs guys confiscating the bottles? Give some advise on Bangalore customs with regard to wine and liquor.

    My address is ashwinsid [at] gmail [dot] com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home