Meet with DM
It was a nice experience. I cannot forget that afternoon. My Delivery Manager is "Sachin". That afternoon my PM called me and asked me to sit in his cubicle. I thought he wanted to discuss something. It is usual that my PM discusses with me about various project level activities (Automation, Tool, etc.,). But after some minutes, he got up and walked away from the cubicle. I also started walking with me without asking any question.
My PM said on the way, "Sachin wants to meet you!". I was surprised as well as scared. But in the recent past I did not do anything mischievous. With that puzzled face I asked, "What for?". He replied, "We discussed about you. Sachin wants to know who MK (My nick name in the project) is?". I went there to Sachin's room. Kamesh asked me to wait outside and went inside. In the mean while I was totally gone. I was thinking hundreds of negative possibilities. After that, Sachin called me inside. I went inside. With me my PM and one more PM were there. He shook hands with me.
He said to me, "Your confirmation (One year) is in due. So, I want to chat with you". Then he asked, "How is your work going?". I replied, "Yeah. It is fine". Then he started asking about me, that where I am from? and where did I study? In this time also I thought, because of some mischievous thing only, he was asking all my past. Then he started asking about my strengths and achievements, about my knowledge in Mainframe. I had a good chat with him. At last he said, "In the coming year, you try to remove all the gaps in the technology and give us the best output". I said, "Yeah. I will do that definitely". Then I came outside with great relief. But it seems my PM discussed with him for sometime. I still do not know why I was called.
Anyways, I am proud that, my DM wants to know about me within one year. I am very happy.

1 Comments:
At Monday, May 23, 2005 4:29:00 PM,
iamchandru said…
advanced wishes da machi..!!
ellam appraisalaku dhaan..!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home