Hariks Muruga

தமிழ் பேச மறந்திட்ட இந்த கணினி உலகத்தில் என்னை தமிழ் எழுத வைத்தது அவளின் காதல்!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Delivery Head

Delivery Head - Delivery Unit Head. I came to know how a Delivery Head should be in order to rule/manage the people working under him. My Delivery Head is a gem. After my role models the one I am crazy about or seeing with amazement is him. He is now just 35 years of age. He is not gigantic. He is not tall. But his voice, too good. Commanding and tuned voice. After I have seen his way of speaking, I came to know why he is a Delivery head. I heard that he is a Keralite. He has 14 years of experience in my company. He joined my company in 1992 with Rs2600/- as his salary with no knowledge in computers. Before our team had a video conference with him. But I was not able to see him properly since I sat last in that room and the conference was in TV. I had imagined him to be gigantic but he is other way round. But also he is not tiny.

Last Thursday we had a session with him. Question and Answers session. Questions are the employee problems and Answers are the solution. Most of the employees appraisal were not good and correct it seems. Everyone complained about the administration for not recognizing them properly. The grades that had been given to them were not impressive. The company have distributed the grades as fixed. Grade A is less than the rest even though the company performs well. I do not understand this logic. But the explanation given to this statement was, "If the test is tough, all the students in the class will get less marks. Eventhough the marks are low, ranks will be from 1 to the last. If the test is easy, all the students in the class will get more marks. But the ranks will be from 1 to the last as before." Will this explanation is correct?

The session went well. The way he answered was too good than what he answered. The talk of the session was our team lead, Deepak GD. He was telling the problem in furious but the answeres were not to his satisfaction. My PM also asked question but he was asked question by the Delivery Head for not treating a developer properly. But he managed to justify that. And the group found one suggestion box (Named by me :)). I had seen him giving suggestions in each and every session.

I think, these sessions will not change anything. We are just the employees. For the management to change, it will be like an evolution and not revolution.

1 Comments:

  • At Monday, April 18, 2005 6:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I m really sorry but I may deviate from ur views here.
    Look, the companies keep the persons based on their previous proven track record, their convincing capability and their accountability. Now as u have said, he's the delivery head of ur unit, vat u saw is vat is expected from him.
    But the thing is that they may present very well but as u have mentioned the answer may not be perfect and to the point. And that is vat happened der dat day.
    To be a man from 2600 to the position now is very impressive. But the ground reality is his talent has been supplemented by the best luck.. as u mentioned he joined Infy in 1992. Never forget one thing, companies give rewards to loyalty.He's been loyal to the company since 14 years and that too ven infy was not in it's stable stages..
    Now if i have the talent and i get an opportunity to join a small company in its unstable stage and if afterwards it becomes stable by the combined effort den will that company not give me an authoritative post...

    last but not the least, abt ur lead dat u mentioned was not satisfied, it is obvious. if the questions are asked from a practical side and answers are given with an exemplary view, it won't solve the problem..

    please don't forget "TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM U HAVE TO BE IN THE SYSTEM"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home